Our Commitment to Investing in YOUR SAFETY
At Smile Studios, we are committed to protecting our patients, while providing you a safe and relaxing environment. Below are the steps we already did to protect you, and the new steps we have taken to ensure your safety in the COVID-19 era. We continue to set the standard for safety for dental care, and ensure we go above and beyond the CDC guidelines.
What we already did:
- PPE worn during patient care: CDC-compliant Personal Protective Equipment including masks, gloves, protective eye wear, and lab jacket.
- Separate, closed-off treatment rooms to minimize cross contamination between patients.
- Advanced Treatment Chairs with automated flushing/disenfecting of the air and water lines between each and every patient to prevent cross contamination
- All surfaces (treatment chairs, counter tops, dental equipment, door handles) are disinfected with a medical grade disinfectant before each patient is seated
- Treatment water is treated to eliminate any pathogens.
- Rubber Dam Isolation used to minimize the spread of air-borne pathogens and to protect the airway of the patient.
- Dental instruments are sterilized in an autoclave, which uses high temperature and pressure to steam sterilize. The autoclave’s efficacy is tested frequently with testing strips.
- Supplies that cannot be sterilized are disposed of.
Our enhanced COVID-19 safety measures:
- PPE is enhanced to include N95s and head coverings.
- Enhanced COVID-specific OSHA training for your whole Smile Studios Dental Team.
- Pre-screening of patients to identify those who may be ill.
- Taking temperatures of patients and employees when they arrive; anyone with a fever will be asked to go home.
- Advanced Extraoral Suctioning Device to minimize aerosols during dental procedures. This minimizes the spread of air-borne pathogens such as COVID-19.
- Fewer patients will be scheduled to maintain social distancing and allow more time for enhanced disinfection between patients.
- You will be asked to arrive on time, rather than early, to your appointment to allow for fewer people in the office and to encourage social distancing.